ABOUT COUNTRY TEAM
Vietnam Initiative for Energy Transition (VIET)
is an independent think-tank with a mission to accelerate the energy transition of Vietnam toward a carbon-neutral society in a sustainable and reliable manner. Our main objective is to deliver fact-based analysis on key drivers for the energy transition and provide a platform for discussions on technological, economic, and policy aspects of the Vietnamese energy sector. VIET also focus on broader information and communication exchange towards the public and policy dialogues.
Our core activities include (1) conducting original research that covers national energy policy, energy economics, and climate protection, (2) providing expertise by bringing together leading international and national experts to provide quality policy recommendations and analyses, (3) providing consultancy, analysis and prediction related to energy and climate protection and (4) provide training through receiving interns and Ph.D. students as well as organize training for relevant stakeholders.
Since 2018, VIET has undertaken intensive studies of important policy issues, connecting researchers and decision-makers to add analytical rigor to an otherwise politicized discussion of energy/climate-related issues. Our strength is based on our group of high-qualified researchers from various fields, including in-house multi-disciplinary modeling expertise as well as a network of national and international experts. Outputs from VIET’s studies have been recognized by the policymakers, development partners, private sector, and other stakeholders.
VIET focuses on four main thematics to support addressing the key challenges in the energy transition process of Vietnam that VIET has identified.
- Renewable energy development (with a focus on Offshore Wind Energy)
- Grid integration
- Power market
- Finance mechanism
VIET has established diverse partnerships with key stakeholders in the energy transition at the international and national levels. VIET are a member of the International Network of Energy Transition Think Tanks (INETTT), alongside other think tanks specializing in energy transition and climate change around the world. VIET is also a member of the Vietnam Clean Energy Association, a professional social organization established to promote clean energy and clean energy development policy in Vietnam. VIET also partner with academic institutions and NGOs/CSOs working in the field of energy, environment, and climate.
Vision and Mision
Building a world that is better, more sustainable, low-carbon oriented, and able to provide clean, sustainable energy for future generations.
Encouraging the acceleration of Indonesia’s energy transition towards a just, clean, and low-carbon energy system.
To be confirmed
Ministry of Development Planning of Indonesia, particularly Directorate Electricity,Telecommunications and Informatics.
Directorate of Electricity, Telecommunications
based on Regulation of the Minister of National Development Planning /Bappenas No.14/2020 concerning Organization and Work Procedures of the Ministry of National Development Planning/Bappenas
Coordinate and control the development of electric power
The Directorate of Electricity, Telecommunications and Information Technology has the task of coordinating, formulating and implementing policies, as well as monitoring, evaluating, and controlling national development plans in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and informatics.
In carrying out the tasks as referred to in Article 138, the Directorate of Electricity, Telecommunications and Information Technology carries out the following functions:
- Reviewing, coordinating, and formulating policies in the field of national development planning, national development strategies, policy directions, as well as the development of regulatory, institutional and funding frameworks in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and informatics;
- Reviewing, coordinating, and elaborating macro and regional economic frameworks in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and informatics;
- Coordinating and synchronizing the implementation of national development planning and budgeting policies in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and informatics;
- Preparation of a holistic integrated national development plan in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and information technology in the context of determining programs and activities of Ministries/Institutions/Regional;
- Coordinating and controlling national development plans in the context of synergy between the Government Work Plan and the Draft State Revenue and Expenditure Budget in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and informatics;
- Coordinating the launching and acceleration of the implementation of development programs and activities in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and information technology;
- Monitoring, evaluating, and controlling the implementation of development programs and activities in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and information technology;
- Implementation of evaluation and reporting on the implementation of tasks and functions of national development planning in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and information technology;
- Coordinating the implementation of the activities of functional officials according to their assignments; and
- Implementation of other functions assigned by the Deputy for Facilities and Infrastructure.