ABOUT COUNTRY TEAM
Institute for Climate and Sustainable Cities (ICSC)
ICSC is an international nongovernment group advancing fair climate policy and low carbon, climate-resilient development. It is recognized for its role in helping advance effective global climate action and the Paris climate agreement. ICSC has established itself as an expert in the field of climate finance, energy policy, urban transitions, and governance through a combination of strategies. The organization thus has great outreach and flexibility in a broad array of arenas, including international climate negotiations, climate diplomacy, legislative engagements, and local empowerment. It is a regular participant in and convener of high-level discussions on key energy and climate issues with stakeholders from the government, academia, CSOs, and the private sector in the Philippines and South East Asia. Together with GIZ Philippines, ICSC is the local expert organization responsible for the implementation of CASE activities. It’s role engage with key stakeholders to support high-level exchange platform on the energy transition and to provide technical and political leadership during the implementation of the activities.
Vision and Mission
Building a world that is better, more sustainable, low-carbon oriented, and able to provide clean, sustainable energy for future generations.
Encouraging the acceleration of Indonesia’s energy transition towards a just, clean, and low-carbon energy system.
Department of Energy (DOE)
The Department of Energy (DOE) is mandated by Republic Act 7638 (Department of Energy Act of 1992) to prepare, integrate, coordinate, supervise, and control all plans, programs, projects, and activities of the Philippine Government relative to energy exploration, development, utilization, distribution, and conservation.
The DOE, in partnership with its stakeholders, shall improve the quality of life of the Filipinos by formulating policies and implementing policies and programs to ensure sustainable, stable, secure, sufficient, accessible, and reasonably-priced energy.
The Department is the official political partner of the CASE project in the Philippines. The partnership contributes evidence-based narratives on accelerating the country’s transition to clean energy scenarios for an inclusive and sustainable development.
Ministry of Development Planning of Indonesia, particularly Directorate Electricity,Telecommunications and Informatics.
Directorate of Electricity, Telecommunications
based on Regulation of the Minister of National Development Planning /Bappenas No.14/2020 concerning Organization and Work Procedures of the Ministry of National Development Planning/Bappenas
Coordinate and control the development of electric power
The Directorate of Electricity, Telecommunications and Information Technology has the task of coordinating, formulating and implementing policies, as well as monitoring, evaluating, and controlling national development plans in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and informatics.
In carrying out the tasks as referred to in Article 138, the Directorate of Electricity, Telecommunications and Information Technology carries out the following functions:
- Reviewing, coordinating, and formulating policies in the field of national development planning, national development strategies, policy directions, as well as the development of regulatory, institutional and funding frameworks in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and informatics;
- Reviewing, coordinating, and elaborating macro and regional economic frameworks in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and informatics;
- Coordinating and synchronizing the implementation of national development planning and budgeting policies in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and informatics;
- Preparation of a holistic integrated national development plan in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and information technology in the context of determining programs and activities of Ministries/Institutions/Regional;
- Coordinating and controlling national development plans in the context of synergy between the Government Work Plan and the Draft State Revenue and Expenditure Budget in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and informatics;
- Coordinating the launching and acceleration of the implementation of development programs and activities in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and information technology;
- Monitoring, evaluating, and controlling the implementation of development programs and activities in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and information technology;
- Implementation of evaluation and reporting on the implementation of tasks and functions of national development planning in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, and information technology;
- Coordinating the implementation of the activities of functional officials according to their assignments; and
- Implementation of other functions assigned by the Deputy for Facilities and Infrastructure.